Speed Benefits - was: New to list - suggestions invited, please!

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Tue Jul 29 22:52:08 PDT 2003

Jim,

I guess you're missing out on the "real-time" effects rendering of FCP
by having a single processor, which the duals from 500 on benefit from.
I get a little annoyed tho when encoding mp3s on my 533 dual, but I'm
using the LAME encoder which is great, but sloooow. I guess the
"world's fastest personal computer" might save me some time over the
years, but I would spend more than that time setting up the new
computer - ha!

Rick