dropped frames?

Donald Hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Thu Feb 5 06:15:51 PST 2004

I just got a new ALPB, with 60G HD, largely unused. BUT I'm importing
video from my vidcam--something that never caused problems before--and
getting halts, skips, delays.
Where do I start looking for a fix?
I guess I could move the camera to the iMac or the iBook--both of which
imported movies just fine before. But I'd like to have it fixed on
this, which should be the fastest movie-maker of all. Could it be that
the Hard drive isn't fast enough, tho the computer is? Or can I find a
6-to-9 pin cable that would connect to the faster Firewire port? (but
why would I need to when the "old" one works fine on the iBook?)

You can see that my tek knowledge is pretty scant.
-don

Is there any reason that marriage has to be solely between two living
humans? What's to stop me from marrying my dog or/and my computer? I
LUVVV my Mac!