[MacDV] Re: equipment for dvd

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Sun Feb 8 09:43:32 PST 2004

Hi Shirley

 From my experience you cannot actually author the DVD on a mac not
equipped with an internal  DVD burner.  What iDVD 4 does allow is for
you to set up the DVD interface on the non internal machine you then
have to move the project to a machine with an internal burner for any
encoding to happen.  This is a pretty big step forward since it allows
you to use a powerbook to show a preview of your project and make
changes on the powerbook all without taking time to make a DVD.  Then
when you and anybody you are collaborating with is happy with the
interface you move the project to a computer that will encode and burn
the disk.

Gerhard