pixels

sb videovideo at mac.com
Sun Feb 22 12:11:05 PST 2004

Are you using FCP 4?

Then scan them at high enough resolution so you have enough pixels to do the
zooming. Big image to start with. 1440x960 (double the normal 720x480 size)
The more you plan to zoom in, the bigger the scanned image needs to be. Stay
with a multiple of 720x480.

Don't worry about the conversion from square to non/square, if the image is
flat. FCP will take care of it correctly on import.

 regards,
 sb