[MacDV] Re: Copying iDVD to DVD via Toast 5

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Tue Jan 20 08:01:05 PST 2004

On 1/19/04 10:14 PM, Daniel Beck at danielbeck at mac.com wrote:

> So, what I don't get is why I had no trouble in the past with these
> discs, and now can't seem to get them to work. I don't mind using the
> Apple discs, but I would like to use discs with Ink Jet printable
> surfaces. I don't feel write handing someone a DVD of their wedding
> with the title handwritten with a Sharpie.
>
> Does anyone have a clue why these discs aren't working? Does the 60+
> length have anything to do with it?

Maybe you just got a bad batch?  I'd call the manufacturer or the place
where you bought them and see if you can exchange them.  If that doesn't fix
the problem, then maybe just try a different brand?  They could have changed
the way they make the discs, or changed something to affect they way they
work (not on purpose, of course) -- changed factories, changed dye
formulation, trying to lower costs...

Some thoughts.

- Mark