[MacDV] Re type for FCP HD 4.5

Heather Donahue dv_list at eyeonthecitymedia.com
Tue May 4 16:04:05 PDT 2004

On 5/4/04 3:09 PM, "animal" <animal at cuug.ab.ca> wrote:

> One of these days I'll have to buy AE.  Was once told that every time
> you take an image (or video clip) into yet another software package you
> loose a bit of quality.  That's likely why I haven't got it yet.  Plus
> I have a reasonable knowledge of Photoshop.

You might want to browse through eBay.  I got lucky and was able to find an
unregistered, unopened copy of Adobe After Effects Std. 4.1 for about
$115.00 US and then bought the upgrade to AE 6.0 Std. for about another
$99.00  That is the standard version not the pro version but it's all I need
right now.

As for losing image quality, that's really only true is you use a lossy
codec.  If you can spare the hard drive space you can use a lossless codec,
AE defaults to the lossless animation codec.

--
Heather Donahue