[MacDV] Canon/JVC DVD Help Needed

kochkodin kochkodin at verizon.net
Sat Nov 27 11:36:31 PST 2004

Greetings Lista's
After putting it off for ages, the family broke down and bought a Canon
ZR85 and a JVC GDR33 yeaterday.  Only one will be kept though...The
purpose will be to film general family stuff...trips, etc and transfer
to DVD...Nothing exotic or "pro " level...I recall seeing multiple lists
involving problems/workarounds with the Canon but never really paid
attention as I had no camera at the time...My question/need is
this...What is the general consensus as to which would be the "better"
unit??? Pricewise they are about even after the Best Buy/Circit
City/Manufacturers rebates...Any comments/suggetions gratefully accepted.
Regards & Thanks in Advance,
Mike K