[MacDV] Re: iBook for video editing--MacDV Digest, Vol 12, Issue 18

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Mon Aug 1 13:27:01 PDT 2005

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

I'd think the processor speed is just fine... but you'd do well to bump
up the RAM to as much as the machine can take.

One clue would be whether it came with iMovie.

Portably, I use FCP 3 on a 400 MHZ G3 (Lombard) Powerbook to which I
added a 40GB hard drive and another 256MB of RAM for a total of 512MB.

It works just fine.  I get material in and out via a FireWire card that
goes into the PCMCIA slot, and can--if needed--use external FireWire
drives through one of the card's two ports.

Ted.

.