[MacDV] Firewire - Logic Board problems>???

Lanny Cotler lcotler at willitsonline.com
Wed Oct 19 13:51:01 PDT 2005

My Firewire ports don't seem to be working. Neither my DSR-11, when I
boot FCP, nor my ext. LaCie HD, "register". FCP doesn't see the 11.
And the LaCie doesn't show up on the desktop.

The Profiler doesn't see any Firewire connections.

I've owned this G4 1Ghz DP Mirror Desktop for years. I've never had
reason to invoke AppleCare or even use the Apple Hardware Test CD.
Call me lucky.

Now I run the Hardware Test CD and, lo, the Error Code is
"fire/3/20". I guess I have problems with the Logicboard. Call me
unlucky.

Now what to do? Call Applecare. I've never done this. How does one do
this? Call me a dimwit.

I have a Townhall Meeting to shoot in a few days and a quick
two-camera edit to do soonest thereafter. Call me (sigh, again)
unlucky.

Any suggestions out there in ColleagueLand?

Ta

Lanny Cotler
Willits, CA (Home of the most advanced "Economic Localization"
activity in the country)