[MacDV] External hard drive for video work

rgb at ellerbach.com rgb at ellerbach.com
Tue Dec 5 09:55:20 PST 2006

On Mon, December 4, 2006 4:40 pm, Lanny Cotler wrote:
> Rich,
>
> What rule of thumb do you use for estimating the size of
> "project-sized" partition when allocating partitions?

I've got a 300GB external (seagate barracuda) and I divided it into
several 30GB partitions for the majority of my video projects. I seldom
work on things that start out with more than an an hour or so of video,
say 20 GB max. (though most are ~10GB). This leaves lots of room for
photos and music or special audio files. There are a couple of bigger
partitions for the rare times when I need more room.

Rich