[MacDV] Changing the default burning optical drive in iTunes

Lanny Cotler lcotler at willitsonline.com
Tue Dec 19 12:46:18 PST 2006

>On Dec 18, 2006, at 8:58 PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know how, or if it's possible, to change the default
>>optical drive in iTunes. I happen to have the double-mirrored door
>>G4 Mac. I have the 110D in the top slot and the older 104 in the
>>bottom. But I can't seem to find out how to instruct iTunes to use
>>the 110D when burning.
>
>iTunes/Preferences/Advanced/Burning/CD Burner

John,

Thanks. I've gone there. And where it says "CD Burner:" -- it gives
no choice, only the lower optical drive is listed (the Pioneer 104),
and that's not the one I want.

Could it be that some "jumper" clip or somesuch is set wrong? When I
put in the 110D, I was told to put it on top. And I set the jumpers
(master/slave, etc) as they suggested.

I can use both drives. Today, I even copied in iTunes from the 110D
drive directly to the 104. But in order to copy to the 110 and enjoy
it's dual layer capability, I want to be able to direct copying to
the drive of choice in iTunes.

Perhaps if I upgrade iTunes. I'm currently running v 6.05. I haven't
upgraded because I'm still running OS 10.3.9.

Hmmmmmmm.

thanks, again,