[MacDV] Changing the default burning optical drive in iTunes

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Tue Dec 19 16:00:35 PST 2006

On Dec 19, 2006, at 3:46 PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:

> John,
>
> Thanks. I've gone there. And where it says "CD Burner:" -- it gives
> no choice, only the lower optical drive is listed (the Pioneer
> 104), and that's not the one I want.
>
> Could it be that some "jumper" clip or somesuch is set wrong? When
> I put in the 110D, I was told to put it on top. And I set the
> jumpers (master/slave, etc) as they suggested.
>
> I can use both drives. Today, I even copied in iTunes from the 110D
> drive directly to the 104. But in order to copy to the 110 and
> enjoy it's dual layer capability, I want to be able to direct
> copying to the drive of choice in iTunes.
>
> Perhaps if I upgrade iTunes. I'm currently running v 6.05. I
> haven't upgraded because I'm still running OS 10.3.9.
>
> Hmmmmmmm.
>
> thanks, again,

I'm running 10.4.8 and have a 111D in my upper slot. In my lower slot
I have a Lite-On LTR-52246S. Both work fine. I wonder if maybe your
10.3.9 is not recognizing it as supported for burning? Verify this in
the System Profiler app under Hardware/Disc Burning. Mine says "Yes
(Unsupported)" under Burn Support.

Check xlr8yourmac.com for drive compatibility with your system. You
may have to download "Patchburn" to make your drive compatible with
the iLife apps.

http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drivedb/action.lasso?-search

John