[MacDV] Transfer of Home Burned DVD to iMovie

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Sun Feb 19 18:53:55 PST 2006

Agreed, but this assumes that Juan has in his posession some sort of an
analogue to DV converter. Juan didn't explain what his external burner is
but if it is a home DVD player/recorder then he may have plugged the VHS
into the DVD burner via RCA jacks and recorded directly to DVD.

Juan, you'll need a DV bridge of some sort. There are dedicated analogue
to DV bridges available or you can use a DV camcorder as a play-thru
device.

Then use iMovie to capture to your hard drive.

Cheers,

Coj

Gerhard <gerhardk at mac.com>

You are going about it in the wrong order, it would have been easier
to import the VHS tape to iMovie, edit and then burn the DVD.  By
doing it the way you are you have added an extra video compression
stage which will take away from the final quality of your video.

Gerhard