[MacDV] Final Cut Express 4

Vtstream vtstream at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 11:33:58 PST 2008

I wish I had known this. I recently bought the HD version and the HD capability was not really needed since no one in the studio is using HD nor do they plan to anytime soon.
  Could this be simply hype for HD trying to get everyone to re-tool for more money?
  No...say it isn't so! :)

Steve Robertson <stever at mindspring.com> wrote:
  Hi Guys,

Apple solved a problem for me. I've been using FCE since version 1.0.
I bought an upgrade to FCE HD, but never really got to use it. I
bought a MacBook and installed 2 gigs of ram so I could use it as a
portable editing platform (couldn't afford a MacBook Pro!) then
discovered that FCE HD wouldn't work, because it required a high
powered video card.

Yesterday, I went back to the Apple site to see exactly which video
cards would work. I was greeted with a new version - FCE 4. The specs
on this version say that it will work with the MacBook's Intel video
chip! So I have an update on the way.

I haven't seen any publicity for FCE 4. Are any of you using it?

Steve R.

I support the efforts of the Franklin County Peace Alliance
http://www.geocities.com/franklincountypeace