DigiDesign, install

John simplymail at ururk.com
Thu Oct 16 07:42:32 PDT 2003

I am waiting for a 7200 rpm (60 GB) notebook drive to arrive, and (with
dread) anticipate the long, painful reconstruction of my PB G4.

Is there anything I should keep in mind when I go to install OS 9,
ProTools Free, etc...? I have done this before, but wanted to know if
there was anything special I should do.

I want to be able to work on my computer, with files as large as 1.5GB,
without running into errors about the file being too fragmented, hence
the larger hard drive.  Also, is there any indication whether ProTools
Free will be updated (or, more precisely, ProTools 6.1 will be stripped
down) to run in OSX? I absolutely loath booting into OS 9, now that my
workflow (excluding Quark, Pagemaker, Distiller) is all in OS X. Even
the rare restart is painful to do.

Thanks!

John Pariseau