[MPA] DigiDesign, install

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 16 19:44:47 PDT 2003

On 16/10/03 16:42, "John" <simplymail at ururk.com> wrote:

> I am waiting for a 7200 rpm (60 GB) notebook drive to arrive, and (with
> dread) anticipate the long, painful reconstruction of my PB G4.
>
> Is there anything I should keep in mind when I go to install OS 9,
> ProTools Free, etc...? I have done this before, but wanted to know if
> there was anything special I should do.
>
> I want to be able to work on my computer, with files as large as 1.5GB,
> without running into errors about the file being too fragmented, hence
> the larger hard drive.  Also, is there any indication whether ProTools
> Free will be updated (or, more precisely, ProTools 6.1 will be stripped
> down) to run in OSX? I absolutely loath booting into OS 9, now that my
> workflow (excluding Quark, Pagemaker, Distiller) is all in OS X. Even
> the rare restart is painful to do.
>

> Thanks!
>
> John Pariseau

I have made a small partition of 1 GB where I have put the system and
another that contains the rest.
If I was to rebuilt a whole system I will add a 3rd partition containing
Logic's files and Audio files. In the second partition I will put the
applications.

Why ?
- The system does not change very often so the disk does not have to be
re-organize.
- Same for the Application part.
- You do not need to boot on CD to re-organize the Applications partition
and the "Logic" partition
- It's more easy to backup one partition at a time

Best regards

Cyril Blanc
France

Please sign the petition ³Apple to support APPLE LaserWriter 300 in MAC OS
X²
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Ap1c1/petition.html

If you want to be sure I read your answer leave my name in it !
Spam mails are directly going to trash