Update ViaVoice voice model by re-typing mis-recognized?

Rajpaul Bagga rajpaul at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 08:20:54 PDT 2003

Hello all!

I have been using ViaVoice for about two or more weeks now.  My purpose
for getting involved with the software was due to an RSI injury, so I
have been highly motivated to make this work.  After reading the
manual, on-line knowledge base and archives of this mailing list I
still have a lingering question on the correction/voice model update
process.  I was hoping someone had figured out the answer to this
question and would be able to enlighten me.

When using the correction window sometimes the available list of
alternates does not contain the correct phrase or word.  If it is a
short word, then I understand that I can use the "Begin spell" mode to
spell out the word.  But if it is a phrase of three or four words or a
longer word that needs correcting, I really, really do not want to have
to spell all of that out.  How can I correct some text that has been
mis-recognized by typing it and still update the voice model?

Thanks,
-Rajpaul