[MV] Re: OT: zoom screen display in OS 9?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sun Jul 13 14:50:19 PDT 2003

Thanks, I've just tried it.  Unfortunately, that doesn't have
the granularity that the OS X zoom has.  It seems to force
choices as 2X, 3X, etc.  What's actually wanted is a way for
a person whose eyes are getting older and farsighted to be
able to use OS 9 on a 12" lcd, like the iBook and alBook,
without having constantly to put on and take off reading
glasses.  So for one software at one time of day in one level
of lighting, like 1.15 zoom is good, another sw/time/lighting
1.3 zoom is good, and so on.  (With minimum setting, seems like
the minimum step in OS X's zoom is approx 15% original standard
size.)  Just listening to people talk, this seems like a common
enough problem with laptops that I've been hoping it was solved
for OS 9 the way the zoom feature works in OS X.

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Geoff Wallace wrote:
 . . .
> You need to install the Close View Control Panel from an OS 9 Installer CD,
> usually in a folder called Universal Access. This has a similar function as
> the OS X Universal Access Turn on Zoom.
 . . .