[MV]: new computer/human interface?

Phil Tanny support at easy-hits.com
Mon Jun 30 15:25:14 PDT 2003

I was hoping list members might help me kick the tires of an
idea that is related to voice recog.

Given that any voice recog software is imperfect at best, it
seems that many people using voice recog probably have some
other obstacle that makes voice recog frustrations seem
minor in comparison.

I'll spare the list a recitation of my computer related
health problems, and will summarize by saying that it seems
my health problems arise primarily from being locked in to a
fixed position in a chair all day long everyday.  My body is
forced to perform the same functions, in exactly the same
way, year after year, until the most heavily abused parts
wear out.

I've been designing a new computer/human interface in my
mind, and voice recog plays an important part.  Before I spend
thousands on putting something like this together I'd love
it if anyone here would like to tell me what mistakes I might
be about to make.

Let's take a notebook computer and hook it up to a projector,
or big screen TV perhaps.

Now add voice recog, and a wireless mic.   For backup we'll
put a regular keyboard and mouse on a lecturn or desk in the
middle of the room.

Now I'm up, walking around, looking at a large screen I
can see from a variety distances.   I'm writing an ebook
while walking on the treadmill.  Dictating an email
while doing yoga.   Web surfing while I walk around the room.
Sitting, standing, moving around, using different muscles
all day long, like my body was designed to work.

Questions arise:

Can a projector create a desktop image of sufficient
quality for all day long web surfing and email?

Will wireless mics work with voice recog?

Will this system come with a free StarTrek Fan Club
membership???  ;-)

If this is a bad place to discuss this, can anyone
suggest a better forum?

Can anyone picture this working out, in some manner
or another?

Thanks!

Phil