[Ti] Does not compute!

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Dec 11 09:24:04 PST 2002

>And there are other people who simply find OS 9 more pleasant and friendly
>to use. Should they not be allowed to continue to exercise their freedom to
>do so? Oh sure, they can stay with outdated machines to run their favorite
>system, but why should they have to?

If there is a valid reason, Apple has done a lousy job of explaining
it.  However, OSX is only installable on certain systems and there
are several hacks around that and some of them were out within days
of it's final release.  I would suspect the same will happen if Apple
goes through with this Draconian move.  I also suspect that the once
"firm" deadline of January is now a nebulous deadline of July; IOW,
it may quietly go away.

One of the things I really miss from the early days of Jobs' return
to Apple is their ability to admit errors... for some reason they
have moved back to the American Government philosophy that admitting
you made a mistake is a sign of weakness, so never, never do it.

It would be really refreshing for Jobs to walk out on the Macworld
stage in January and say, "Boy we really screwed up! We have this
great new OS and outstanding hardware, and we made some bone head
marketing decisions that caused our users to completely lose sight of
that.  We are going to change that starting now."

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com