Hotrod Funny Mac

Nathan Rugroden tipbg4 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 12:20:42 PDT 2003

Hi

I own a powerbook G4 550. I work for the site photosource.com. While working
one day, I noticed the need to make my system to run as fast as possible,
while remaining stable. have a 30gb hard drive, 4200rpm with a 2 mb buffer.
I was looking at a 40gb hard drive, 5400rpm with a 16mb buffer. Would this
be a significant speed upgrade? Also I was looking at a complete mother
board swap to the 667 with the 133 bus in this revision. Would this be the
faster upgrade? I have 512 of pc133 ram, so thats not much of an issue. is
there a way to overclock the bus and processor through the bios possibly?
This is seeming to be a fun project, and who wouldnt want to be able to
claim that their powerbook is the fastes possible for their revision :)
Thanks

Nater