[Ti] Kernal panic on boot!

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 4 10:41:37 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 09:22  AM, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:
> So I wiped my drive in preparation for a fresh install, but now, when I
> try to boot from CD, it kernal panics on boot!  Does anyone have ANY
> ideas?

Where does it kernal panic at boot?  Is it the regular kernal panic
screen, or does it crash in open firmware?
I would say:
Try booting with nothing attached to the computer.
Try booting with only stock RAM (or any possibilities)
Try zapping the PRAM several times.
If all that fails, boot to open firmware (boot with Command-Option-O-F
held down) and type:
reset-nvram<hit return>
reset-all<hit return>
which should reboot the machine.  If it doesn't reboot the machine
typing 'bye' (w/o quotes) should help.

This should not do anything negative to your computer.

Hope it helps,
Benn