Previous on-the-cusp-of-new-models purchases

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Mon Aug 11 12:54:03 PDT 2003

Hey folks,

My wife has been waiting for the next update to the 15-inch
PowerBookG4 for a while.  She has institutional funds that have to be
spent by August 15.  The Ti's at the AppleStore are backordered 5-7
days and out of stock almost everywhere else:
http://www.macprices.com/g4tracker.shtml  The rumor mill suggests
this likely means that upgraded models are imminent (I know, rumors).

My question is:  has anyone here ever purchased a machine and Apple
introduced new models during the wait period?  What does Apple do?  I
am hedging that Apple will replace the model with a similar new
machine, but I am concerned that they may cancel the order outright
and she will lose her money.

Best case: Apple sends her an updated 15-inch Powerbook
OK case: Apple sends her a current Ti Powerbook
worst case: Apple cancels the order and she loses funds

I appreciate any insight from anyone with experience in this sort of situation.

Thanks,

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.0b24 on Mac OS X 10.2.6