[Ti] Previous on-the-cusp-of-new-models purchases

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 11 13:11:43 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 03:54  PM, Peter Krug wrote:

> Best case: Apple sends her an updated 15-inch Powerbook
> OK case: Apple sends her a current Ti Powerbook
> worst case: Apple cancels the order and she loses funds
>
> I appreciate any insight from anyone with experience in this sort of
> situation.

Peter -- I do a lot of this kind of buying for folks getting freebies.
I suggest you contact Apple when you place your order and ask what they
will do, then if they cancel the order and do not subsitute, you will
know this ahead of time and can stipulate that you would want the next
model up.
You might have to pay the difference, I dunno. But you should talk to
Apple or to whomever you order from.