[Ti] Panther compatible scanners

Greg Markle MarkleG at kleerdex.com
Mon Dec 15 12:54:31 PST 2003

I own the Canon LiDE 30 also and it is not only small but very, VERY light.  Compared to my old SCSI scanner which it replaced I almost thought it was empty!  I don't know what the actual weight is on the unit but it is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than my new 14" G4 iBook.  Combine that with the fact that it requires only one USB cable for both data and power and it is nearly the perfect companion for a laptop.

I haven't used the scan capabilities of my new Epson 5400 all-in-one so I have no comments on that yet...it doesn't really fit your "smaller sized" request.

The software really is pretty lame though...but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker since it doesn't require me to leave OS X!

Gregory Markle, Color Technician
Kleerdex Company - http://www.kydex.com/