[Ti] Net2Phone

Wendy Austin & Thomas Oswin auswin at intnet.mu
Wed Dec 24 03:09:14 PST 2003

Greetings All

I have sent full details of Net2Phone directly to Trevor but just
thought I would let the list know that the newer Net2Phone does not
connect through your computer but rather through a separate modem, you
don't even need a computer.

Happy festive season all.

Wendy

On Dec 23, 2003, at 23:55, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> Being based in a country with the lowest quality and most expensive
> telephone network in the world (?!), I am looking for alternative
> communication technology, using my G4 Powerbook.
>
> Several colleagues use Net2Phone to make low cost phione calls over
> the internet.
> Net2Phone seems to be a PC/Windows product only.
>
> OK, I could use Virtual PC to run this, but I prefer to use an OS X
> program for this function.
>
> Does one exist ?
> Does anyone have experience with OS X software for making phone calls
> over the net?
>
> Any suggestions, hints or links would be gratefull received.
>
> regards,  Trevor

Wendy Austin  & Thomas Oswin
Coastal Road, Pomponette
via Surinam, Mauritius Island