[Ti] anti-static solutions?

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Tue Dec 30 06:42:49 PST 2003

On Dec 30, 2003, at 4:50 AM, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

> Works just as well with plain water.
>
> It should however be on a lintfree cloth and very very hot (you should
> just about be in pain squezing out the excessive water). Have the
> cloth _only_ damp so that absolutly no water can get in around the
> edges of the screen. Just wipe ones, heat the cloth again and repeat
> until the screen is perfectly clean and finally wipe it with a
> lintfree dry cottoncloth.
>
> The hotter you can keep the cloth the quicker the fat smear from the
> keyboard will go away. If you keep a cover on the keys you will need
> less work on the screen. When you finished the screen you can give the
> keyboard and handrest the same treatment. It will be so much nicer to
> work with afterwards. :-)

I'm not as worried about the screen marks, as I already use a keyboard
cover and have got most of the marks off.  However, I do appreciate the
tips on how to better get rid of them.

I'm concerned more with the bits of dust and lint that cling to the
screen at various places and that show up on a dark background.  I
think I may try the iKlear product and see if that helps...

Thanks.

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net