[Ti] [OT] HTML/MIME emails

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Feb 13 11:24:05 PST 2003

>I receive several others this way as well.. Very professional looking and
>readability is very high! (definitely higher than a flat text based - no
>format email (which requires no thought to pound out).

This is exactly why the majority of us abhor HTML mail... Just like
the old design adage:
"if you can't design well, use a rule."  Formatting text is actually
a crutch for those who lack the ability to write well.  Good
copywriters can sell their message with words alone; mediocre ones
need to emphasize their points by manipulating the look of the text.
If one cannot write a simple sentence or two that will entice me to
click on a hyperlink to their "treated" text, I am not interested in
their products.

Obviously there is at least 35% of you who disagree, but remember
both of the above paragraphs are opinions, choices with little basis
in fact.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com