[Ti] Quark on Mac

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 10:20:03 PST 2003

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net tapped out this message on 1/10/2003 1:07
PM

>The CEO of Quark told a room full of customers at an executive briefing
>"that 'the Macintosh platform is shrinking,'

Well, this first statement is the same old chestnut that is always
debatable. To hear it otherwise, all sorts of higher level geeks and
former PC and Linux users are now migrating to Macs because they like the
UNIX underpinnings, and the company is the only one not having severe
financial troubles. I heard their new stores are doing well, while
Gateway and Dell had to close some.

>and that 'publishing is
>dying'.

As for this statement, where could he possibly get this idea? Maybe he
would like to come here and haul all the paper junk mail I get each day
to the dump for me and save my broken back. The only jobs I see in the
paper are for graphic designers, printing etc. And they get $300 for a
crappy little amateurish faded color ad in the local coupon book that I
don't even look at each week. (I only sometimes use it to offer those
folks a nice website for not much more money -- a much better bang for
their buck!)