hallmarks of Apple...arrogance and greed

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 19 12:34:33 PST 2003

> who cares about market share when you have a superior product.

XXL <xxl at mac.com> wrote:
This is the exact arrogance that let Apple give it all away to Wintel
when
Apple had a clear advantage.

Two other hallmarks of Apple that are rarely discussed are arrogance and
greed.  And those two have kept the better qualities of Apple from being
triumphant in the market place.
-Joel

Kevin wrote:
Apple did not give it all away to Wintel, Apple still has a clear
advantage in my mind. In my world Apple has always made a better os and
computers than the Wintel world. I do not think of Apple as arrogant or
greedy, I think of Microsoft in that way though. It seems as though
many on this list feel as though Apple has lost and Apple should become
open to the Windows way of doing things. I feel exactly the opposite, I
feel Apple has won, they have a better product and their decisions are
often copied by everyone else months down the road, a true leader of
innovation. If I felt that Apple was arrogant and had already gave it
all away to Wintel I'd be using a pc.

Kevin