[Ti] Powerbooks are too delicate

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 8 00:33:45 PDT 2003

Painting chipping off is indeed a problem but 'delicate' is a relative
concept I guess.
My Ti 667 had a hard landing on the floor off the table when my
daughter caught the charger cord while running with her stroller.
Not a 'regular' fall, rather the kind one would see in cartoon:
*swoosh* away from under my typing fingers and triple bounce on the
floor before coming to a rest.

The case is bent and broken and the screen does not overlap perfectly
in closed position but I did not even had to send the PB out to repair.
Still working flawlessly (and that was almost two years ago). Maybe a
miracle but I would put all my savings any other brand would have
exploded into little pieces at first impact.

Cheers

Massimo