[Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons

Paul H. Yoshimune paul at yoshimune.com
Fri Jul 11 11:17:55 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 11:18:53AM +0100, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

> The batteries may be consumable, but at 100 pounds per battery (around
> 170 dollars) , that's a hefty price for your Lithium Ion battery.
>
> The battery life coupled with expense of an Apple priced accessory
> every year is a "con" for me (in all senses of the word).

Consider yourself lucky...here in the US, extra batteries are $129.  In a
previous life, I had (actually, it's still in the closet) a Sony VAIO laptop.
It went through 3 batteries in an amazingly short period - each lasted maybe
6 months.  But, the bloody things were $250 EACH!  I've replaced the original
Ti battery, and the replacement has been going strong for a year and half so
far...

BTW, my Gigabit Ti 667 has been painless.  No chipping paint, no broken
hinges, no dead pixels, no kernel panics, no nothing - it's been absolutely
great!
--
Paul H. Yoshimune
paul at yoshimune.com