[Ti] Big Al 17" keyboard + Num Lock

Bill Reburn billreburn at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 20 16:06:18 PDT 2003

On 7/20/03 4:32 PM, "Steve Wozniak" <steve at woz.org> wrote:

> At 5:20 PM -0400 2003.07.20, John Griffin wrote:
>
>> So, let's be honest here. How many of us have had this happen?
>>
>> My hand is raised!
>
> It used to confuse me and I would restart (when I didn't notice the num lock
> indicator).

I'll confess. My wife used to use my Ti for her banking and stuff.. In the
same way that women complain about the toilet seat issue, I would freak
because she would leave it on EVERYTIME. It wasn't that big a deal really,
but I sympathize.. Been there.

I just asked her why she does it and she says at work on the PC's, the
number pad on the end of an extended keyboard usually doesn't work unless
Num Lock is on (I think she works in XP). Does it matter on the Mac? I don't
think I have come across a problem anywhere.. ? My extended Mac keyboard
number pad works fine right now, plugged into the Ti.. I am sure my new Dual
G41.25 at work behaves the same (just got it and all new software on Friday,
woohoo!)...  I will also check my work PC tomorrow..

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers
of Canada : MB Chapter