[Ti] iMic question (was Audio & Ti500mhz)

Erik Gaderlund gaderson at mac.com
Mon Jun 9 13:04:26 PDT 2003

At 07:52 -0700 06/09/03, George Rothrock wrote:
>Hi all,
>I also have imported audio sources into my TiPb.  I used the iMic
>with my TiPb 550, but now use the included mini-pin with my 1ghz.
>However, the iMic is a great thing.  I just have a question about
>the comment below:  I found that you can't record directly from a
>turntable to the iMic.  You need a receiver with a "phono" channel.
>I could be mistaken or misinformed, but I understand that the
>turntable uses a channel standard different that all others (CD, MD,
>etc.), so a receiver with an actual "phono" input is required.  The
>audio out can then be taken from the headphone jack to the iMic or
>minipin input.
>
>I import my cassettes of old time radio and books on tape for use in
>iTunes and my iPod.  Strictly for personal use!
>I have recently been using AudioIn.  I got it from VersionTracker.
>I was looking for a free/share ware app that included play-through
>to the speakers or headphones and AudioIn does that.  I would not be
>suprised to learn that there are better apps out there.  I used to
>use ProTool Free, under OS9, however, running this under Classic
>seems impossible, as one of the components seems not to work.
>Any hints, help, tips, etc. anyone might have, please share.  Thanks all!

I woundn't even attempt ProTools Free in Classic, audio applications,
because they usually need to interface with hardware are best when
run native (i.e. boot into 9.)  Digidesign has said that a OS X
version of ProTools 6 Free should be available soon.  For now since
you only need stereo you could use Sparke ME from tcworks.de.

erik g