[Ti] Sierra Wireless Aircard 555

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Wed Jun 11 21:00:23 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 06:16:54PM -0400, Bob Bergey wrote:
> On 9/6/02 11:54 AM, "Bob Bergey" <rb at dprint.com> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone using this Sierra Wireless Aircard 555 (offered by Verizon) with
> > their TiBook?
>
> A minor update ... I stopped in at my local Verizon store this afternoon,
> and they have a display featuring the Aircard, and listing Macintosh as one
> of the supported OS's! A sales rep confirmed it for me; however there is no
> mention of what Mac OS is supported. Since it's pretty new, I would hope it
> supports OS X -- I'm still using 10.1.5 until my 10.2 arrives.

I'm curious as to whether you ever resolved this, or if anyone has
any new info.  I found out today that T-Mobile has a deal going:
$299 for a Sierra Wireless Aircard 750, and $29.99/mo for unlimited
data transfer.

I know Sierra claims the 750 isn't supported on OS X, but then, they
claim that none of the cards are.

Does anyone have one they can experiment with?  If this works with
my tibook, I may have to pick one up.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org