[Ti] Mac.com

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Fri Mar 7 08:52:15 PST 2003

--On Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:01 AM -0800 Steve Wozniak <steve at woz.org> wrote:

> This can be a hassle. I myself have to enter smtp.earthlink.net into my email program for about 8 accounts when travelling and dialing EarthLink from my room, but change those settings back if I use my GPRS connection from the lobby or if I resort to dialing my home ISP (myself, actually).

I use Mulberry for email which has an ability to set up different identities for sending mail. The identity parameters include the "From" address, signature and the SMTP relay to use. This allows you to dynamically change who you are and the outgoing mail relay from a popup menu on a message by message basis.

I believe Eudora has a way to change identities also, but not sure if this includes the ability to switch SMTP relays on the fly.

When I use my .Mac identity, it is set up to use the smtp.mac.com relay and I've never had a problem sending mail out no matter where I am (except for those places with firewalls that filter outgoing SMTP not originating from their own server.)
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com