[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

Chris Olson chris at mercury1.astcomm.net
Thu Mar 27 06:22:22 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 11:28 PM, Simon Chapman wrote:

> The first thing I complained about with my 15in TiBook was the flimsy
> flap
> at the back which, on the four TiBooks I have owned never stayed open
> without me using one hand to hold it down while fumbling with the other
> hand to plug something in. My next complaint was that I couldn't plug
> in my
> no-name usb thumb drive without first removing my mouse. Then I found
> out
> that my mains adapter jack could work loose and I would be unaware of
> it
> until the battery ran flat -- because I couldn't see it.
>
> So while you may be right aesthetically, my ergonomic vote goes to
> side ports.

I plug things into my rear port Titanium all the time with none of the
problems you describe.  Mine is a lightweight unit, and portable, and I
do not have it bolted to the desk.  As it sits on the desk in front of
me, I can easily turn it 90° so the ports are effectively to the side,
making it easy to hook up whatever..  Then when I turn it back, the
cables are not in the way, for instance, if you are left handed and
like to use a USB mouse.
--
Chris