[Ti] Canadians need not apply! [OT]

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Thu May 1 10:43:42 PDT 2003

XXL paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>  > However, I am still left scratching my head about what the reasoning is
>>  behind the ban on non-US residents.
>  Could be a lot of reasons..
>
>1. The experimental nature of this new idea might be all or part of it.
>2. International copyright laws might be all or part of it.
>3. The sensitivities of the owners of the music could be all or part of it.
>
>It is probably a combination of all three.
>
>-Joel

Petitions??? I can't believe it. Over a simple, introductory
'roll-out' of a music distribution service? With war, hunger,
disease, and poverty [not to mention rape of the environment] all
sweeping through huge chunks of the World?

Personally, i wish Apple would have test-marketed the deal in Europe,
and rolled it out in the States when it was fully operational as far
as price, catalogue, etc. But petitions, over this? Shame.

~flipper