[Ti] Max Resolution not max enough

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Mon Nov 24 06:46:15 PST 2003

On Nov 24, 2003, at 8:12 AM, Kynan Shook wrote:

> Well, somebody else already mentioned this, but I'll go a little more
> in-depth; yes, 1152x768 is a hardware limit.  There are exactly that
> number of pixels on an LCD display, no more, no less.

Uh Uh.  The graphics drivers use sub-pixel rendering on LCD's.  You can
go to higher resolutions than 1152x768 if you hack the driver.  I've
run the display on a Ti 400 at 1280x854 with X11 drivers under Debian
linux.  Took some fiddling with the modelines, but it works.  If it can
be done with linux drivers, it can be done with OS X drivers too.
--
Chris