[Ti] G5 and 12" sharing / Mailboxes folder - Eudora >>> Mail

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Thu Oct 2 06:25:17 PDT 2003

>Have tried several times to import Eudora Mail folder into mac app
>"mail" as I would like to use the mac apps. Should I forget mail and
>stick with Eudora?

If you need to transfer mail from Eudora to Apple's Mail.app, try the
Eudora mailbox cleaner.  Read about it here:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/13341.  This fixes
known issues with Mail's standard import.

Most people I work with that have multiple mailboxes with 1,000's of
messages each think that Mail.app is too slow and stick with Eudora.
Maybe try the above utility and see how mail works out for you.  It
won't effect your Eudora mailboxes, so you can go back if you like.

>2.
>
>What is the best way to come home from the road and back up changes
>in 12" to the G5? I have downloaded Retrospect trial. It looks like
>I need to use that to back up the 12" and then need an external HD
>to back up the G5. Any recommendations? I remember someone in the
>group mentioning "Disk Images" once upon a time?

I like using LaCie's SilverKeeper.  It lets me sync groups of data
folders all at once.  Read about it here:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14521.  Regarding
mail backups, if you absolutely have to have both machines with the
same mail, I'd use IMAP instead of POP, unless your Powerbook can't
be tethered to the internet all the time.  You could sync your
Home/Eudora folder but I don't know if you would have to rebuild
mailboxes all the time.

Hope this helps,

Peter

--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6 on Mac OS X 10.2.8