[Ti] Sierra Wireless Card And Service for OS X

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Wed Oct 29 11:27:13 PST 2003

On 10/28/03 1:53 PM, "Albert Wong" <wong.1 at rogers.com> wrote:

> I am not at all proficient in the ways of UNIX, so, I opted to go for the
> commercial version and loaded it in to my G4 667 PB  last night.
>
> Finally!!! I can now use my AirCard 555 on the TELUS Mobility 1X network in
> Canada with my Mac.
>
> I am an employee of TELUS Mobility (one of 2 national CDMA 1X network
> service providers in Canada) and have tried every possible angle internally,
> and with Sierra Wireless, over the past year with the same frustrating,
> resulting, answer from everyone of "we don't support the Mac platform."

Ok, The Sierra 555 works but now Verizon is telling me that if I want the
"broadband" capability (EVDO), I will have to have the Verizon 5220 which is
an Airprime/Sierra 5220 - for which ther's no driver that I can find - yet.

The Broadband gives you 1.5 mb/s dl speeds within a defined footprint which
is only currently DC and San Diego - still useful as I am in DC area.

--
Jesse

"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible,
elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is
completely impervious to reality"  -H. Arp