[Ti] Mixing Power Adapters

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Wed Oct 29 12:17:27 PST 2003

On Oct 29, 2003, at 2:12 PM, Pedro Vera wrote:

> My Ti 867 shipped with a 65W unit. There have been warnings that new
> Powerbooks should not be used with the older 45W.

Anyone know about vice-versa?  I have a 667 DVI and my second (first
was replaced in warranty) power adapter crapped out, so I grabbed a new
one Friday night with Panther.  It's a 65W, three-prong.  Seems to work
fine on my Ti with no noticeable difference in charge time or battery
life.  I have also used the old, two-prong A/C cable with the new,
grounded white box and that seems to work fine as well.  My reasoning
was that the little two-prong "nub" was not grounded so an ungrounded
A/C cable would work similarly.   Besides, my old adapter wasn't
grounded at all (granted, it was only 45W though).

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net
PGP key at http://codesorcery.net/pubkey.html