[Ti] Dead battery, which replacement?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley HUTLEY at geneva-link.ch
Mon Sep 29 03:13:32 PDT 2003

At 10:18 pm +0200 29/9/03, A.J.Bos wrote:
>So I'm in need of a new battery for my 667 TiBook (infrared). Now I
>have the following questions:
>
>1) Are there any other known ways to revive my battery?

no - Li-ion battery (as in phones and Powerbooks) life expectancy is
about 2 years, in my exprience.

>2) Are all TiBook batteries compatible?

Yes, as far as I know, for Ti-book.

>  if I get a new one, will it have a higher initial capacity then my
>current battery once had?

Yes, almost certainly.  I replaced my original Ti-500 battery after 2
years ("end of life for a Li-ion battery") with a new one, which had
a larger storage capacity.

>3) Which steps do I need to take to ensure maximum battery life?

 From memory: allow the new battery to drain completely.  Recharge
fully.   Repeat every 3 months.

There are articles in the Apple knowledge base about this (search,
patiently at: http://kbase.info.apple.com/)

>4) What does a new battery cost (in euro's)?

I think my new Ti battery was about $120.

Trevor