Cannot read all my DVD's since 10.3.2

Robin Jackson robin at moneypit.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 06:25:51 PST 2004

Hi

I upgraded recently to 10.3.2 on my 800Mhz Tibook.

Since then I have noticed my machine is VERY choosey about which DVD's it
will load and read.

Some load perfectly every time (although this really is a minority).

The rest never fully mount, I can hear the disk being accessed but there is
never that ;whoosh' sound as the disk spins up.

Never mounts to desktop and gets spat out again after 30-60 seconds????

To the best of my knowledge it was working fine before the upgrade and many
of the DVD's I have tried have worked perfectly in this machine before. Any
ideas what this could be?

Robin