[Ti] Scratched up i-book after logic board repair

zefred zefred at popstar.com
Wed Jul 14 16:58:56 PDT 2004

Le 14 juil. 04, à 22:04, Christoph Pistor a écrit :

> Dear list,
>
> So after two month of happy I-booking my logic board was finally done.
> After
> dropping it off at the Apple store for repair I received it back today,
> working, but top and bottom case totally scratched up. I know for sure
> that
> I treated my i-book well and did not scratch up the case. However,
> Apple
> care is telling me that they received the book with the scratches. That
> leaves only the store "GENIUSSES" to have scratched it up.
>
> Has anybody else had similar experiences?
>
> Christoph

Well, here in France, when we put our mac in the care of apple people,
they have a complete check of the computer state done, with the owner
signing on, just like car rentals. So if there is a problem when the
computer is returning, you can show them the paper and ask what
happened.

Didn't they do that for your powerbook where you are ? It seems like a
standard apple procedure here.

I know it probably won't help you, but maybe this can be helpful to the
next applecare users. Don't forget to have this general state check
made before letting your baby to apple services.

:o)