Has the problem ever been resolved?

Ron Cooper rcooper at newmex.com
Sat Mar 27 11:28:01 PST 2004

My 12" powerbook is running 10.2.8 and 9.2.2 with max ram 640.

2 questions;

1. Has the problem of the CPU running at 533333332 MHz instead of 867 MHz ever been resolved?

I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT MERELY  A REPORTING SPEED ERROR BUT ACTUALLY IS SLOWER! (Using a phone modem to download email at reduced speed sucks big time.)

To get back up to 867 MHz speed a restart from shut down - using hold shift/control/option/power for 5-10 seconds screws up the date and time.

2. I have seen mentioned some where that one can install one gig chip to the book. Is this true?

And one comment;

If the machine does not run at the speed advertised / offered by Apple upon purchase can it be returned?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Cooper, Founder, President
Web Site: http://www.mezcal.com

Del Maguey, Single Village Mezcal (TM)

>From the heart of the maguey, and the soul of the Village.

     Winner World spirits Competitions 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003