[Ti] TiPaint

Scott Smith scottinma at mac.com
Wed May 19 14:30:38 PDT 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 4:31 PM, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:

> I developed the first ever touchup paint for the TiBooks, and I found
> that
> not all TiBooks are exactly the same color, so it didn't match
> everyone's
> book.  Not wanting to deliver a less than adequate product, I
> discontinued
> selling them.
>
> I have heard nothing but bad things about TiPaint.com (I still get
> emails
> asking me for paint 2-3 times a week, even though I stopped selling it
> over
> 2 years ago)
> --
> Samuel W. Hotchkiss
> Apple Product Professional

This shouldn't be rocket science.   Any touch up paint will not be "as
nice" as the original finish. It goes on with a finger nail polish
brush unless you want to spring for a air sprayer and tape the area
off.   The issue here is customer service.  Sam probably did his level
best to make people happy with his product.   The company in question
takes your money, doesn't answer emails when customers are waiting and
waiting to receive the purchase.  I personally sent three queries that
no one cared to answer.   IMO, this company is defunct.  Maybe they
don't realize it yet, but creating customer experiences like mine is an
assurance that product will not sell in these times of communication.
O'grady was about to receive a complaint from me for advertising this
product on his site.  Just guess what I would tell someone if I were
asked to recommend this product.