[Ti] PB and iPod Headphone Recomendations needed

Bob Bergey rb at dprint.com
Fri Apr 8 19:12:33 PDT 2005

At 8:45 PM -0400 on 4/8/05, DinkyBlah at aol.com wrote:

>  anyone used these before or have other suggestions for headphones?

Earbuds don't work well for me, either, and I also prefer
over-the-ear headphones. I decided on Bose Triport headphones; many
Apple stores use these in their stores for you to listen to iPods.
They're not cheap at $149, but they really do sound great, and work
well for both my iPod and my PowerBook (movies or iTunes). I've had
them for about 9 months and have been extremely happy with them.
Here's a link to them on Bose's site:

<http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=triport_headphones_index&pageName=/home_entertainment/help_choose/gift/entry_level.jsp>

For full size headphones they're still quite compact, lightweight,
and come with a nice carrying bag for some minimal protection.

Bose's QuietComfort 2 headphones would be even nicer, with built-in
noise canceling, but at $299 they were out of my budget. If you do a
lot of flying, however, I'd seriously consider them, as the noise
canceling feature is really nice and works very well.

Bob