[Ti] more speculation

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Dec 12 13:58:16 PST 2005

It makes sense to me. Since FW800 is backward compatible to FW400,
the lower end gear will not be orphaned by this move (not like the
floppy and SCSI abandonment). Let’s face it, Apple has stopped being
the Leader of the  “Think Different” crowd and has moved into line
with the “Me Too” crowd.

So, I expect along with the rest of the Intel world, Apple will
eventually move away from its once radical and inventive technologies
(such as FireWire) and will gradually slink into the beige, vanilla,
blah, tasteless USB world.

Personally, it makes me want to throw up!

jg