[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Thu Jun 9 05:36:57 PDT 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 8:07 AM, Bill Reburn wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2005, at 1:46 AM, Steve Wozniak wrote:
>

>> At 7:57 PM -0400 2005.06.08, Henry Kalir wrote:
>>

>>> I think the WOZ has said it best: In Intel Apple has found a
>>> WILLING partner! The Mac is NOT a 970 CPU. I think Apple's made a
>>> very wise move! So, hop on board, or get off...but my 2 cent's
>>> worth is that GREAT times lie ahead!
>>>

>> I did leave one thing out.
>>
>> Switching to Intel doesn't reconcile well with what "Think
>> different" means to most of us.
>> --
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Steve  (ok a new size tv)

I think the most compelling reason for the switch plays out like this:

We at Microsoft want G5 chips for our new X-Box, we're willing to pay
more than they're worth.
Oh and by the way, could you put Apple's G5 development on the back
burner or on the shelf?
Here's a handsome advance for development, OK?

IBM had an offer they couldn't refuse.

John
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.